|Home||» Products||» Fluid Mechanics||» Pipe Fricition (Major Losses) Apparatus|
Pipe Fricition (Major Losses) Apparatus
MAJOR LOSSES IN PIPE (LOSSES DUE TO FRICTION)
Major and minor losses associated with pipe flow in piping networks helps in determining the
pumping power requirements, material and fittings selection. A good understanding of such
losses helps engineers in designing optimum fluid distribution systems, process plants etc.
This apparatus is designed to introduce students to major flow losses (Frictional) in Pipes.
The following types of test pipes are generally provided with the apparatus:-
- UPVC PIPE
- G.I. PIPE
- G.I. PIPE
(ALSO OPTIONAL - OPEN UNION TO FIT ANY TEST PIPE)
A flow control valve permits variation of flow rate through the circuit. Pressure tapings are incorporated so that the head loss characteristics of each pipe may be measured. These tapings are connected to an manometer bank incorporating a manifold with air bleed valve. The circuit and manometer are attached to a support framework.
- Box Dimensions : 2000 X 400 X 1400 mm
- U- tube manometer : 300-0-300 (Mercury filled)
- Number of Pipe : 3 Nos.
- Test Length : 1 meters
- Sump tank capacity : 75 litres MOC: SS-304 with Matt Buffing
- Volumetric tank capacity : 40 litres. MOC: SS-304 with Matt Buffing
- Pump : Monoblock type, 0-60 litre/min, Motor 0.5 HP
- Piping with necessary Valves and Fittings
- Digital Stop Watch with 1/10 second Accuracy
- Detailed Technical Manual and On-site Training