|Home||» Products||» Fluid Dynamics||» Wind Tunnel|
The Wind tunnel was developed for experimentation and demonstration purposes in the fields of aerodynamics and fluid mechanics. It is a subsonic, open wind tunnel with a square measurement section profile. Overall length is 4.5 mtrs with 1 mtr test section.
The extensive range of available accessories permits the perform-ance of numerous experiments, e.g.:
- Methods of velocity measurement and Anemmometery
- Determination of drag coefficients of different bodies (disc, sphere, streamlined
- Determination of drag and lift coefficients of aerofoils at different angles of attack
- Pressure distribution with flow around cylinders and aerofoils
- Examination of boundary layers along flat plate
- A wind tunnel essentially consists of the following:
- Prechamber with flow straightener
- Measurement section
Funnel, jet and diffuser are made of MS. To provide access to the closed measurement section, the sliding guide permits adjustment of jet and funnel together with the measurement section. The flow straightener has a tubular honeycomb structure. The measurement section is made of perspex glass.
The axial fan is provided with a downstream guide which makes it highly efficient and producing low noise. The fan is driven by a AC motor. A frequency converter or dimmerstat permits adjustment of rotational speed and thus air velocity. The fan is rigidly connected to the diffuser and both are attached to the laboratory trolley using rubber elements. This effectively provides a shielding of vibrations and guarantees extremely smooth running. The switch box contains main switch, emergency stop, speed control and fan switch are located. A smoke generator is also provided
The inclined-tube manometer is used to indicate the current air speed at the entrance to the measurement section. The wind tunnel is installed on a laboratory trolley that is easy to move. The trolley is provided with shelves and lockable drawers for storing measuring instruments, models and other materials.